Top Ten Reasons Why We Love Outdoor Retailer
Ah, the week after Outdoor Retailer. Where the mountains we just climbed are replaced with mountains of work and emails. I had heard that Outdoor Retailer would be a caffeine-infused haze of meetings, shiny new things, friendly people, and just pure awesomeness. And it was all that, and so much more. I have a mix of of happiness over the success of the event, and sadness that it’s over. Kind of like the day after Christmas. After hours of traveling and crossing multiple time zones, I feel like a Kenny Chesney song. What day is it? What time zone am I in?
So to relive the glory days of Summer Market 2014, here are my top 10 favorite things about Outdoor Retailer:
10. All the stickers—Gathering stickers at OR felt like collecting Pokemon or Pogs—you don’t know why, but you have to have them all
9. Great food—Man, Salt Lake City has some phenomenal food! For a group of people who don’t mind eating dehydrated food for days on end, OR attendees ate like kings and queens!
8. Swag—Brands spoil the heck out of us by offering shirts, hats, and the elusive ProDeals
7. Cool gear—Nothing says “outdoor VIP” more than getting to see and touch and smell and pine for next year’s goodies
6. Llamas—Yes, I may have an unhealthy obsession with the Cotopaxi llamas. A company that brings good to others with a live logo—what more can you ask for?
5. #hikerchat friends— Meeting Twitter pals and going on a sunset hike and getting goodies from our friends at Teton Sports and American Backcountry Tees? What a great night!
4. Location, location, location—Salt Lake City is absolutely breathtaking (no, not because of the altitude and pollution) and the perfect spot for an outdoor trade show
3. Bonding with other outdoor lovers—Put thousands of people who are just as enthusiastic about the outdoors as you are under one roof, and you get a week-long party
2. Seeing our affiliate friends—From The American Hiking Society to The Pacific Crest Trail Association, we loved sharing ideas and plans for the future with such inspirational people
1. Hanging out with our authors—We would be nothing without our authors—after all, their expertise and passion for sharing their love of the outdoors with others is the whole reason we attend OR
Were you at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market? What was your favorite part?
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.